I’m amazed at how many small businesses still don’t use social media to promote their businesses. In 2013, every small business owner should have an established social media presence that they can use to listen to their customers.
Here are some interesting social media facts pulled from various sites that might help further illustrate the value of making social media part of your marketing efforts.
- There are over 1 billion users on Facebook
- Each day 20% of Google searches have never been searched before
- Ford Explorer launch on Facebook more effective than a Super Bowl Ad
- Every second 2 new members join LinkedIn
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Canada, Argentina, United Kingdom, Egypt
- 93% of marketers use social media for business
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
From Digital Buzz:
- 1 Million websites have integrated with Facebook
- 23% of users check Facebook 5 times or more daily
- 56% of customer tweets are being ignored
- 34% of marketers have generated leads on Twitter
- Google’s +1 button is used 5 million times a day
- Over 5 million are uploaded to Instagram every hour
- 80% of Pinterest users are female
Do you have reservations about using social media for your business? Tell us in the comments.